Weekly Reflection 2

 This week I mostly focused on my presentation. I gave a presentation on Tuesday and Thursday. The presentation was about my sister's brain disorder and was a walk through of it from genes to the whole brain and what affects it has. 

I started by talking about my sister and what she has been diagnosed with. Then I go into what that means for her and what effects her disorders have on her. Then I went into what medication she takes. I explain why she takes each medication and what the medication does. For example “Depakote  is an Anticonvulsant that Treats seizures, bipolar disorder and helps prevent migraines. It works to prevent seizures by stabilizing electrical activity in the brain by increasing GABA in the brain (a natural neural inhibitor) and preventing neural signals from building up. It is not fully understood why it works as a mood stabilizer for Bipolar disorder but it is thought to have to do something with increased activity of GABA in the brain” (my presentation). On Tuesday I gave my presentation to the Neuroscience class. The overall presentation took a very long time and was about an hour when I presented on Tuesday. I worked after that on Wednesday and Thursday morning to shorten the presentation a little and add some things Buz said would work well. I worked on it more and added a section on neural migration. Is the process which happens in fetal development which helps develop and create the central nervous system. Neuronal migration allows for cells into appropriate spatial relations to one another Radial glial cells are used as scaffolding in neural migration. Microtubules are critical for the forming of radial glial cells”(my presentation). Overall it was a good week and very productive. 

Here is a link to my presentation on Thursday - 


https://youtu.be/McvvAnQVJTA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 11th 2021

End of week